Just a walk on the beach

Just a walk on the beach
Enjoying a beautiful day in Cancun with my one and only.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Food Makeover!

I confess! I have let things slide when it comes to our eating habits. This really hit me last weekend when I realized that half of our grocery shopping consisted of buying snack food. (hangs head in shame) Also, our weekly meal list seems to be more convenient meals instead of meals that are balanced. This is unacceptable! I can no longer let this slide. I am worried that Leah will grow up thinking this is the norm and doom her to a life of bad eating choices.

How did we get here?
    •  Busy schedules
    • Buying for convenience vs. nutritional
    • Too much snacking
    • Making meals plans that lack balance
And this guy……………
    My husband loves to snack and loves his sweets. He is going to be my biggest challenge when it comes to revamping the kitchen and our food.
    Sunday is our usual grocery shopping day so this morning I cleaned out the pantry. It was amazing how much I was able to toss (the pantry was overdue for a 'spring cleaning') and it also gave me another peek at what "nutritionally empty" items we got into the habit of buying recently.
    I also realized that the cookbooks I have are not healthy cookbooks so I am replacing those with cookbooks that are full of healthy recipes with the busy family in mind.
    *Stay tuned for updates.........

No comments:

Post a Comment